Technical Queries About Machine Mart Emails
How do I prevent Machine Mart emails going into my spam/junk folder?
Some Internet Service Providers block messages from senders whose email addresses are not in the recipient's Address Book or on their Safe Senders List.
To make sure your Machine Mart messages reach you, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Address Book or Safe Senders List. Below are some instructions on how to do this for the most commonly used Internet Service Providers:
- Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Open the message in full view
- Click the down arrow on the ‘Safe Lists’ icon
- Select ‘Add Sender to Safe Senders Safe List’
Microsoft Outlook 2003
To make sure you can see emails as they were intended to be seen (including images), add our email address to your address book and safe sender list.
To add our email address to your address book:
- Right click on the email subject line.
- Choose "Add Sender To Address Book".
Live / Hotmail / MSN mail
- Once signed in, click ‘Options’ in the top right of your screen.
- On the left side of the page, click 'Safe and blocked senders' which is under the 'Junk email' section.
- Click on 'Safe senders'.
- Add the address or domain name (www.machinemart.co.uk), and click‘Add to list'.
- From your Gmail inbox, open the Machine Mart email you have received
- Click on the arrow next to the reply button on the top right hand corner of the email
- From the drop down menu, click on "Add sender to contacts"
- Click on 'Contacts' in the menu on the left of the page
- Click 'Add contacts'
- Add Name and the Machine Mart email address
- Save contact details .
To add our email address to your Address Book or Custom Sender List:
- Click the "Spam Controls" link (lower right area of your inbox).
- When the "Mail & Spam Controls" box appears, click "Custom sender list".
- Choose "allow email from" option
- Add the domain e.machinemart.co.uk
- Click "Add", then "Save".
AOL 7 & 8
- Go to Keyword Mail Controls.
- Select the screen name you are using to receive email.
- Click "Customize Mail Controls For This Screen Name."
i. For AOL version 7.0: In the section for "exclusion and inclusion parameters", include the following domain: * @machinemart.chtah.com
ii. For AOL version 8.0: Select "Allow email from all AOL members, email addresses and domains."
- Click on "Next" until the "Save" button shows up at the bottom.
- Click "Save."
What do I do if I receive an email claiming to be from Machine Mart asking for account or payment information?
This is not a Machine Mart e-mail. We do not ask for the following customer information:
- Your National Insurance Number or VAT registration number
- Your bank account information, credit card number, PIN number or credit card security code
- Your machinemart.com password
We recommend you delete this e-mail without opening or responding to minimise the risk of downloading any attached viruses. If you believe you have received one of these e-mails, or want to report one please send the details of the email to email@example.com
What are Spoof/false emails?
Spoof or false emails are e-mails that attempt to trick the user into releasing personal information such as passwords, credits card or bank details. They do this by copying the appearance or trademark of a popular company when actually they are sent from another source. Below are some examples:
- An e-mail which claims to be from a system administrator requesting users to change their password, then threatening to suspend their account if they do not do so.
- An e-mail claiming to be from a person in authority requesting users to send a copy of a password, file or other sensitive information.
What is Phishing?
Phishing is a relativity new term used to describe the action of using forged e-mail and/or web pages to assume the identity of a legitimate company, with the aim to deceive users into sharing personal information to commit fraud. Phishing is also referred to as Identity Theft.